torsdag 1. desember 2016

Relaxing at our hotel :)

08/06/2017


Hello, fellow travellers! It's Anna here to report that all five of us have arrived safely at our hotel😉🌴 Our flight landed yesterday at 3:00 pm. We left London at 11:20 British time, and if you're tired, you might be thinking something along the lines of "ah, what a pleasant short flight". Well, dear, I'm sorry to tell you, but you'd be wrong.

Jamaica's time zone is -5:00. This means that at home in good old Britain, it would be the mid-evening; exactly 8:00 pm to be precise. But in Jamaica, however, it was only 3:00 pm. We were all zonked by the time we got to the hotel, but it was only 5 o'clock! Inger and I, the only capable drivers, picked up our rental car at Avis car rental, just by the airport. Don't get me wrong, Anne, Lene and Sol have their drivers licences, but the adjustment to right-side driving just wouldn't be right to demand of them😅

When we arrived at the hotel, we were all stunned by how beautiful the building and it's surroundings were. I went outside early this morning whilst the other girls were still sleeping, and captured this beautiful picture of the infinity pool against the blue Jamaican sky.

Strawberry Hill, Newcastle


Truly breathtaking! I wish all you wonderful travellers were here with us!

The villa is amazing. We all have a massive bedroom all to ourselves. I will attach a picture underneath:

Cocosan Villa, Port Antonio, Luksusvilla, 6 soverom, utsikt mot hav, Gjesterom

It is now about noon. We were thinking about heading in to town this afternoon, after a lazy morning and a great breakfast provided to us my the staff at the hotel. They served us a hearty meal of ackee and saltfish, a dish I'm sure Anne will be fascinated by. You'll certainly hear more about that from her!

As you all know, I'm a top neurosurgeon. Three weeks before we left for Jamaica, I successfully removed a ganglioblastoma multiforme from the brain of a 27 year old man, the first complete removal of a tumor of the sort. The Jamaican Observer (a country-wide newspaper) discovered this, and upon contact, the University of the West Indies in Kingston invited me to lecture their neurosurgical students. I must admit that this is a great honour, and I am looking forward to spreading my knowledge across country borders. The plan is to lecture the class tomorrow at 10:00 am, and I will definitely make the others come with me, despite their dismay😋

I think we're leaving for the Bob Marley museum now! The car is parked in front of the hotel, so all we have to do is hop in and get going!

Lots of love from your British Jamaican Fanatics!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar