mandag 12. desember 2016

Sports



Greetings dearest readers! Anne here again, and amongst my fellow travellers, Anna, Sol, Inger-Marie and Lene, all hate sports and almost anything that has to do with activity, we all enjoy a game of cricket. 😋

And apparently, cricket is a game played throughout the island, basically a national obsession! I can already tell you that there will be a few games played, and a few friendships will be ended on some makeshift pitches, where you can play cricket here in Jamaica. (Though I wouldn’t mind the end of some friendships in our travel group 😉 - Just joking, hahah😂!)



Football is another popular sport here in Jamaica, while I also played a bit back in my youth In London, I have not played for ages! Anyhow, football has challenged cricket in popularity since 1998, when the national team qualified for the World Cup finals in France!

As you readers must know, Jamaica has a famous record in track that started in 1948, to today, with Usain Bolt, back in 2012 in London, which I proudly witnessed myself! 9.63 seconds, just 0.05 behind his own set world record; 9.56 seconds on the 100meters! 😁

               

Sources: http://school.eb.co.uk/levels/advanced/article/117384

    -Anne 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar